Print This Page Print This Page
Email This Page Email This Page

Special  Meeting
May 24th , 2016

 Chairperson, Peter Mallett called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
Peter Mallett – Chairperson
Ivan Blanchard – Vice-Chairperson
John Gillis – Councilor
Ricky Myers – Councilor
Pat MacLellan – Councilor
Joan Arsenault- Councilor
Michelle Perry- Administrator
FIRE DEPARTMENT: Went over the bills that were passed in for the Fire Department. The wreaths for the Memorial were $4725.30 Council agreed to pay for 3 of them Family, Community and Fire Department. They were billed out to the community to pay then they will be reimbursed by the other fire departments, then Fire Department will write a check to the community.
Council decided to pay for the 3 wreaths and send the bill back to the fire Department to pay for them.
Trench coats. 4 trench coats were ordered to go with the 4 officers uniforms. They were $1299.50 for 4, Council agreed to pay for the coats.
 Council is discussing the possibility of giving the Fire Department there budget minus the Insurance, telephone, miscellaneous and the Honorariums.  And making rules that they will have to follow like having them form a committee and they would have at least 6 members on the committee that would agree with the purchase before it is made. The Chief would be the deciding factor of the Committee and he would not be able to go out an purchase things with the committee approval. They would have to submit the bills to council at the end of month.
Fire department would get
Equipment Repair
Truck Maintenance
Fire department would then have to have a yearly meeting for the public.
Council will meet with the Fire Department Executive. Ivan will ask them at their monthly meeting if they will meet on June 14th, at 7:00 pm.
At the Meeting it will be stressed again that anything over $1500.00 has to be approved by Council.
Michelle will check with the Accountants to see how this will work for the books.
Fisherman’s Wharf is booked for June 10th at 6:30 pm.
There is a book being written by Estelle DesRoches about the History of Miscouche and she would like to meet with council on their meeting night to discuss some things about the book.

The Dispute about the 2 dogs on Antoinette one of the owners emailed again complaining that the dog was on her property Council advised to have her contact the RCMP,

Undersized Lots: There was a discussion on undersized lots that if the person who has an undersized lot and they are will to see part of the lot is this something that can be done. Peter didn’t think that it stated anywhere in the By law that it can not be done. A home can not be built on the lot and it is not changing the zoning for the lot.