Rural Municipality of Miscouche, Prince Edward Island
Miscouche (2016 population 932) is a Canadian rural community in Prince County, Prince Edward Island
Miscouche is located 10 kilometres west of the city of Summerside. Its name is derived from the Mi'kmaq term for "little grassy island".
Miscouche is east to the Evangeline Region, the province's largest francophone area comprising numerous Acadian settlements; 15% of Miscouche's population is considered francophone. Miscouche also serves as a service centre for some nearby rural communities, including Belmont, Central Lot 16, Southwest Lot 16 and St. Nicholas.
The Second Acadian National Convention was held in Miscouche in 1884, and was attended by approximately 5,000 Acadian delegates from across the Maritimes.
The convention saw the adoption of nearly all Acadian national symbols, including the Acadian flag. Because Miscouche hosted this historic convention, it was decided in 1964 that the Acadian Museum of Prince Edward Island be constructed next to the church. The Museum has been housed in a much larger facility since 1991 (still located on the same location as the former museum) and since 1996 it has served as one of the seven sites of Museum & Heritage Prince Edward Island, a division of the provincial Department of Community, Cultural Affairs and Labour.
St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church is one of the oldest wooden churches in Prince Edward Island. It features a historic Casavant organ. Extensive renovations were completed in recent years to restore much of the previous grandeur of the building.
Council & Community Staff
|Allan Parks||Deputy Mayor|
|Jason Woodbury||Fire Chief|
|Paul Perry||Deputy Chief|
Club & Social
- Skate Park
- Seniors Club
- AA group Mondays at 8:00 pm
- Fire Department Monthly meeting 1st Monday of the Month
- Bingo every Sunday Night at 6:45 pm Rec Center 31 School St Miscouche PE
- COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES- 2nd Reading and Adoption of the Amendment of the Municipal Fire Department Bylaw 2019-09 May 19 2021 17/06/2021
- COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES – 1st Reading of Amendment of the Municipal Fire Department Bylaw 2019-09, May 18 2021 17/06/2021
- COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES- May 11th, 2021 17/06/2021
- COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES- Special Meeting May 5th, 2021 Water Source for the Community 17/06/2021
- COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES- April 13th, 2021 17/06/2021
May 18 2021 at 6:30 pm 1st Reading of Amendment of Fire Service Bylaw 2019-09
May 19 2021 at 6:30 pm 2nd Reading and Adoption of the Fire Service Bylaw 2019-09
Monthly Meeting June 8th, 2021
Monthly Meeting July 13th, 2021 Annual Financial Statements
Monthly Meeting August 10th, 2021
September 1st at 6:30 pm Public Hearing for Increase of Sewer Taxes
Monthly Meeting September 14th, 2021
Monthly Meeting October 12th, 2021
Monthly Meeting November 9th, 2021
Monthly Meeting December 14th, 2021
Rural Municipality of Miscouche
15 Main Dr E,
|Mon||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Tues||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Wed||12:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Thurs||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
Fri 1:00 pm -5:00 pm