Email This Page 
COMMUNITY OF MISCOUCHE
Special Council Meeting
March 25, 2013
1. OPENING OF MEETING
Chairperson, Peter Mallett, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm
Peter Mallett – Chairperson
Ivan Blanchard – Vice-Chairperson
John Gillis – Councilor Ben Murphy – Councilor
Mike MacKinnon – Councilor
Judy Gallant – Administrator
Absent: Joan Arsenault – Councilor
2. SIDEWALK SNOW REMOVAL
Ivan reported that he had spoken with Corcoran Farm Supply and they have a bobcat
which could be used for removing snow on the sidewalk. The cost would be approximately $120.00 per hour. Following discussion Council members agreed that we could have Corcoran Farm Supply clean those few areas of the sidewalks which still have snow on them.
3. SIDEWALK SNOW REMOVAL EQUIPMENT AND GRASS CUTTING
Council members discussed the feasibility of obtaining our a multiple use piece of equipment which could be used for both snow removal/cleaning of our sidewalks as well as grass cutting.
Ivan reported to Council that he has also obtained the following information on possible equipment which could be purchased for sidewalk cleaning and for grass cutting.
– Used Koboda at Corcoran Farm Supply at a cost of approximately $7,000.00
– Corcoran’s are also looking at obtaining a trackless sidewalk cleaner which has a mower on the front at an estimated cost of $15,000.00.
– A new bobcat tractor with grass cutter and 44″snow blower would cost approximately $24,000.00. Council members feel that any equipment being purchased for snow removal in the winter months should have a heated cab. Ivan agreed to check to see if a cab could be installed and what the estimated cost would be.
4. ADDITIONAL INSURANCE COSTS
Following discussion Peter agreed to contact our Insurance Co., Cooke Ins. to get an estimate on what the additional insurance costs would be for both the equipment and the additional liability.
5. MEETING ADJOURNED.