COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES – Special Meeting – December 16, 2015
COMMUNITY OF MISCOUCHE
December 16th, 2015
1. OPENING OF MEETING
Chairperson, Peter Mallett called the meeting to order at 4.00 P.M.
Peter Mallett – Chairperson
Ivan Blanchard – Vice-Chairperson
John Gillis – Councilor
Ricky Myers – Councilor
Pat MacLellan – Councilor
Michelle Perry- Administrator Assistant
(Absent) Joan Arsenault – Councilor
2. Meeting to pass that Michelle Perry is appointed Administrator to carry on all active duties including signing power on the account as well as responsibilities held by Judy Gallant while she is out on sick leave.
MOTION moved by Pat MacLellan and Second by Ricky Myers
THAT Michelle Perry be appointed Administrator while Judy Gallant is absent.
3. Judy Salary be paid out till December 31
MOTION moved by Ivan Blanchard and second by John Gillis and carried
THAT Judy Gallant salary be paid out till December 31, 2015
4. Peter will call the Insurance Company about the Liabilities for Michelle
5 There will be a meeting with Jerome from the Insurance Company about Pollution Policy. January 5th at 7pm
6. Transfer 25,000.00 out of the reserve fund as approved at the Annual Meeting.
7. Michelle Salary will be $16.50 with the possibility that it will be moved back to $12.00 in the event that Judy Gallant comes back to work.
MOTION moved by Ricky Myers Seconded by John Gillis and carried
THAT Michelle Perry salary will be $16.50 while she is doing Administrator duties.
8. REC CENTER
Discussed sending a letter to GI Adams to say that with Winter coming if there is any more damage that he will be liable to pay for this since he did not come back to fix the siding. Peter will contact GI Adams , John Brennan and Fitzgerald and Snow.
9. FIRE DEPARTMENT
a) Still no prices from either Palmer’s or Johnston’s on the 121. When Ricky took the truck into Johnston to get a price they discovered that there was no brakes 1 brake was wore out and the back 2 brakes were cracked and they need to be replaced, and it may need drums. Johnson\s adjusted the brakes at no charge. It was inspected at Palmers at the end of November.
Lets stop talking about it and get it fixed. Ricky will call 1 more time for a quote and let Jason know about the breaks.
MOTION moved by John Gillis Seconded by Pat MacLellan and carried
THAT what ever Company fixes the leak will do the breaks as well on the 121 fire truck.
10. Joan was still in ICU. Peter will call Stacey to see how she is doing.
Meeting adjourned at 4:30 pm.