Print This Page Print This Page
Email This Page Email This Page

Special Council Meeting
January 26, 2016

Chairperson Peter Mallett called the meeting to order at 6:30 P.M.

Peter Mallett – Chairperson
Ivan Blanchard – Vice-Chairperson
Joan Arsenault – Councilor
John Gillis – Councilor
Pat MacLellan – Councilor
Ricky Myers – Councilor
Michelle Perry- Administrator

2. FIRE DUES: Ivan checked with IRAC and we do not need any permission to increase the Fire Dues in the outlying communities. Between Ivan and Ricky they thought that increasing it by $10.00 the first year and $5.00 the next 2 years after that so that there is not a big jump in price. After discussing what Community pays for Fire Dues which they figured was about $220.00 per household, and that the majority of the fires are in the outlying communities. With the purchase of Vehicles and the over cost that are absorb by the community residents they have decided to increase it more by $15.00 the 1st year and $10.00 after that for the next 2 years.

MOTION moved by Ivan Blanchard, seconded by John Gillis and carried
THAT the Fire Dues in the outlying communities will be increased to $15.00 the 1st year and $10.00 for the next 2 years after that.

Ivan will phone the Federation and find out when the ad goes in the paper for the Fire dues, and he will also contact Fire dues committee to let them know that we will be increasing the fire Dues.

3. REC CENTER: Meet your Neighbor night. We are looking at February 27th Jordan LeClair and Michael Richard will be playing from 9-12 for $350.00 cash and there will be an additional cost of $50.00 if they get a drummer.
Jimmy Arsenault with the horse and sleigh wanted $350.00 from 1-3 but There is another person from Charlottetown who only wanted $300.00 so Ivan will go back to Jimmy with this price..

We need to have the upstairs doors locked so no kids can be running up there and potentially get hurt. The cut off time for the kids will be 4:00 pm.
Breakfast will be 8-10 am Peter will get the sausages and Ivan will ask Robert to order the pancake mix and to order extra so they don’t run out.

Peter will check with the girl to see if they can be there for the games with the kids. Joan will do the Piñata, and Ivan will check with Prodigy Sports to see if we can get toques but he will only get them if they can guarantee that they will be here by 27 of February.

4. SEWER: The past due sewer bills are ready to go out, and John wanted to have add to the bills in April that a back water value is required as per the PEI Plumbing Code. This is to protect the home owner when we are flushing the lines that water will not back up into the house. We will look into having this added to the Sewer bills in April.

5. COMMUNITY: Amalgamation letter: A letter was drawn up to say that at this time we are not going to amalgamate with Summerside. The letter will be sent to the Premier Wade MacLauchlan, MLA Sonny Gallant and Minister Robert Mitchell. The letter will be signed by all council members tomorrow. After that this will be going to the public whether through a town meeting or the media.

At this time Joan Arsenault left the Meeting.

6. REC CENTER: GI ADAMS fixed the J Channel at the Rec Center Fitzgerald & Snow fixed the inside wall as it was never bolted from the time the building was built. Fitzgerald and & snow said the siding was not done right and that’s why it moved and they will look at the J Channel when they come out to do the siding.

7. SIDEWALKS: maybe they should meet with the engineers about having crushed asphalt instead of grass from the sidewalks out. may have to talk with MLA Sonny Gallant to see what the steps are to do that. Get a meeting with the engineers before the new infrastructure comes out.

8. BURSARY: Ivan is going to check about the bursary online .


Next meeting Regular Monthly Meeting February 9th 7:00pm
—————————————— ———————————————-